Clam Meat In Juice - 1lb frozen pack ❄️
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
1lb frozen pack of clam meat
Perfect for Pasta dishes, Soups, and Chowders!
- All natural Baby Clam Meat
- Premium quality
- Pillow Pack - easy to thaw
- Sand free
- 100% natural pack - no chemicals or additives used
- Sweet, clean flavor
New England Clam Chowder by Spend with Pennies easy home cooked comfort - wonderfully creamy and way easier than you think to make at home! This recipe is about to become a new family favourite! See tab "To Prepare" for recipe.
1. Drain clam juice from packages (1-2 packages) into a measuring cup. Add enough bottled clam juice to equal 2.5 cups. Set aside.
2. Cook at least half a dozen strips of bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and slightly brown. Once cooked, remove bacon and melt in 1 tbsp of butter.
3. Increase heat to medium high and add 2 stalks celery and large onion (chopped). Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until onions are soft. Add potatoes (peeled and diced into 1/4 - 1/2" cubes, approx. 3.5 cups), garlic (3-5 cloves, minced), red pepper flakes (1/4 tsp., optional) and sauté 30 seconds. Sprinkle in 1/3 cup of flour and cook an additional 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups of chicken broth, the 2.5 cups of clam juice you saved at the start of this recipe, 2 tsp. chicken bouillon, a couple bay leaves and all seasonings (1/4 - 1/2 tsp. of dried parsley, oregano, thyme, pepper, as per your preferences). Bring to a boil then deuce to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 - 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
4. Stir in 1 cup of heavy cream and bring to a simmer to heat through. Discard bay leaves. Remove from heat and stir in clams. Taste and add salt & pepper to taste (you may or may not need additional salt depending on how salty your clams, bacon, and chicken broth are). For a thinner or less chunky soup stir in additional heavy cream/milk or chicken broth.
5. Top individual servings with reserved bacon and oyster crackers and fresh parsley if desired.